The Truth About Trade Beyond The EU
Five key 'EU Myths' widely used by pro-EU campaigners.
Supported by fully quantified and researched evidence, UKIP rebuts five common falsehoods that have come to characterise the debate about the UK's relationship with the EU and instead demonstrate the positive realities of 'Brexit'
1. Needing to be in the EU to access the Single Market
2. Needing to be a member of the EU to export successfully
3. Leaving the EU would isolate the UK
4. A UK-EU trade agreement would require the free movement of people
5. A country cannot negotiate trade agreements without being part of a large trading bloc.
William Dartmouth MEP said: "I am glad to have been able to draw together this research which I hope will be a useful contribution to the ongoing debate about the UK's place in the world.
"Too often the debate surrounding trade is clouded by misinformation and myths about leaving the EU when the simple truth is that as a sovereign nation we we would be able to negotiate and maintain our own lucrative trade agreements, and could continue to trade with EU member states but this time, acting in our own best interests."